Let us continue to pray and work for PEACE
Posted by DARREL LUDOWYKE on April 23 2019 11:05:38
Following from Rev. Bro. Christy Croos - Provincial Visitor
Dear Brothers and Friends,
We are still in shock and sorrow over the tragedy on the Easter Sunday. It is difficult to digest the brutality of recent attacks on innocent people on a day like the Lord's resurrection. Reflecting over more than 300 deaths of precious lives of the innocents and more than 500 injured victims is very heart breaking. What consoles me is that Easter is a time for hope and allows me to live with hope in spite of horrible terrorist attacks.
I visited two funeral houses of our student and parent along with a few Brothers to express our Lasallian solidarity. People are still under tremendous fear and shock. Our hearts go out to the families of the victims. We pray and ask the risen Christ to comfort those in sorrow; heal those who are injured; give wisdom to doctors, nurses, and medical people treating the injured; and to protect all from any further danger.
As a Lasallian community, we express our condolences to the families of our Brother, Lasallian partners and pray for the repose of their souls;
· Late Mr. Mariyathas, Bro. Sega’s uncle,
· Late Master Krideash Stealan (5 years old) at St. Joseph’s Pre –School, Mutwal and his Father late Mr. J.J.B. Jeevarajah & Mother late Mrs. Siyamalar,
· Late Master Diloj Anthony (grade 2 student 7 years old) a student at De Mazenod College, Kandana,
· Late Mrs. Keerthika Rodney , Mother of Master Shanon – Grade 6 at La Salle English Medium School, Kotahena,
· Late Mr. Anton Santhiyagu Ravindran Fernando, Father of Master Franklyn at St. Benedict’s College, Kotahena,
We also pray for the students, parents, old boys and relatives who were injured due to these tragic circumstances.
We thank all our Brothers in overseas, Lasallian partners and well-wishers who sent messages of concern and for your prayers which gave us immense strength at this very difficult time.
Let us continue to pray and work for PEACE.
De La Salle Provincialate,
130 De La Salle Street, Mutwal,
Colombo - 15,