It’s a great pleasure to contact my ‘Alma mater’ after almost 38 years
It’s a great pleasure to contact my ‘Alma mater’ after almost 38 years. I had my primary schooling (Tamil medium) at St.Benedicts College from 1967 to 1972. Later we shifted to our native at India. After attaining my Mechanical Engineering Degree (B.E), presently I’m working in a Petroleum exploratory company, at Mumbai India.
The following is a brief description of my academic & carrier record,
· 1967-1972 (KG-5th Std) St.Benedicts College, Colombo, Srilanka
· 1973-1978 (6th- 11th Std) St.Thomas School, Virapandianpatnam, Thutookudi Dist , India
· 1978-1979 (PUC) Aditanar College, Tiruchendur, Thutookudi Dist, Tamilnadu, India
· 1979-1984 (B.E) Govt.,College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
· 1985-1995 (Executive Engineer,Drilling) Oil & Natural Gas Commission, Govt., of India
· 1995-2003 (Drilling Engineer) Schlumberger, Kuwait-Oman-AbuDhabi & SaudiArabia
· 2004-tilldate (Directional Drilling Supervisor) Schlumberger, India
We are basically an Indian origin family & my beloved dad was doing dry food business at Old Butcher Street, Colombo. During that period we resided at Mutuval and I used to come to school by that red coloured double decker bus. With a regular visit to St. Lucia’s Cathedral after a peep through the George’s payment shop, I used to enter our school campus through the right side huge metal gate.
Still I remember the some of my teacher’s names like Mrs.Vedenayegam (Grade I),Mrs.Joseph (Grade II), Mrs.Jeeva (Grade III), Mrs.Rani (English teacher, later migrated to Australia), Mr.Leenus (Grade V) and then the principal was Bro.Modustus.
Ragupathi (from Negembo),Mahendran & Ravi (Brothers),Anton Fernando, Stanley , Stefo Fernando, Reni Miranda, Niranjen Carvalo, Xavier, Newton Fernando (Motchem Cinema Theatre Proprietor, Chennai), Benher Fernando (was a Drummer at Radio Ceylon & later migrated to Canada), Nemettulla & Basheer (Brothers from Keelakari) were some of my classmates I remember.
I’m longing to bring my family to Colombo especially to cherish my childhood memories.
During my younger age I came across few old Bens at my village itself. Is there any ‘Old Student Association’ of Benedicts’ functioning in Indian soil, somewhere around Chennai?
With warm regards,
|No Comments have been Posted.
|Please Login to Post a Comment.
Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here